Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lorekeeper

Looking for a motherboard

a friend of mine gave me an old AMD64 3000 socket 939 CPU.  I'm using it to upgrade Jrayke's computer since she's using a reallllllly old Celeron processor.  But her video card is AGP.  Can anyone recommend a motherboard that is socket 939 that still uses AGP?  I can't find any on Newegg.  I have a spare PCI-E X600 somewhere so if I can find it then she'll just get a PCI-E mobo but I'm hoping to find an AGP one first.
They call me Hadouken, cuz I'm down+right+fierce
oorah

Re: Looking for a motherboard

get a new vid card for the upgraded motherboard for Jyrake, imo..
____________________________________________________________________________________
Rhoxx | Xyzr
Lorekeeper

Rhox wrote:
get a new vid card for the upgraded motherboard for Jyrake, imo..
$$$$$

need to take the cheaper route unfortunately.  don't have the cash flow to buy a new vid card and mobo.
Lorekeeper

what'd you do with your old X800?  Did you give that to rhath? 
daboo

[ Edited ]
the only motherboards that have AGP and support new cpu chipsets at the same time are made by cheaper mobo brands like ECS. You're pretty much taking a gamble with this. Some have luck with them, while others (myself) won't be as lucky and end up with extra hardware that won't be compatible with newer stuff. My desktop is dead because of it. Now i have a core2duo, and an agp card. A combination that doesn't work with new motherboards made by more respectable brands.

So yeah, if you do find that cheap ass motherboard to suit your needs, it will be a gamble. If it fails, you're going to end up upgrading everything, or keep trying. Which at some point, you'll come to realize, as I have, that building a computer is not worth the trouble anymore these days. Buy a dell for 600-900 bux and be done with it, imo.
Message Edited by wizll on 10-11-2007 11:10 AM
Lorekeeper

yeah....if only i had 600 to 900 bucks to spare for a computer.  believe me, if i had the cash for a new comp i would be more than happy to get one.  If i had a spare PCI-E video card, it'd be so much easier.  But, again...money is the limiting issue here.  I found an ASUS A8V-E Deluxe 939 AGP board for $60.  So we shall see. 
daboo

Dracus wrote:
yeah....if only i had 600 to 900 bucks to spare for a computer.  believe me, if i had the cash for a new comp i would be more than happy to get one.  If i had a spare PCI-E video card, it'd be so much easier.  But, again...money is the limiting issue here.  I found an ASUS A8V-E Deluxe 939 AGP board for $60.  So we shall see. 
oh, didn't realize that was just the amd64 and not a dual core cpu. should be able to find a decent motherboard then. oh.
oorah

Dracus wrote:
what'd you do with your old X800?  Did you give that to rhath? 
it's on the 2ndardy computer in my room.. rhath actually raids w/ it when he's over..
____________________________________________________________________________________
Rhoxx | Xyzr
Lorekeeper

hopefully i can find my spare PCI-E Radeon X600.  it'd make life so much easier since the mobo's are more prolific.  plus soph's gonna turn the old computer into a file/print server for us.  that way i can steal my roommate's pr0n.
I. Am. A. Special. Snowflake!

those who do not share pr0n should die. you shouldn't have to steal it.
----------------------------------------------

Lorekeeper

wtghaha wrote:
you try telling that to jrayke.  she knows more about knives than I do.  She and rhox go on and on about knives.  it's scary. 
hella posts!

Dracus wrote:

wtghaha wrote:
you try telling that to jrayke.  she knows more about knives than I do.  She and rhox go on and on about knives.  it's scary. 
i'm not sure where the connection is.
---------
Seelia / Funions
Highlighted
arf'er of Azzinoth

[ Edited ]

onions wrote:

Dracus wrote:

wtghaha wrote:
you try telling that to jrayke. she knows more about knives than I do. She and rhox go on and on about knives. it's scary.

Maybe the knife that Jrayke is going to use on Dracus (little Dracus?) if he loads pr0n?
Message Edited by oskibear on 10-11-2007 01:06 PM

rhox! i want to buy a knife. talk to me.

i'm looking at microtechs, but i'm not married to them.

Màlice || Daessa || Akäsha || Mälice || Thefiasco || Jàyna

----------------------------------------
no one ever really dies

I. Am. A. Special. Snowflake!

onions wrote:

Dracus wrote:

wtghaha wrote:

im pretty sure it has something to do with sylar ending up in a tropical jungle and peter ending up in ireland, i just can't put my finger on it.
----------------------------------------------